This week’s highlights: Wordle, Shorting, and Pig Kidneys
- Pursuing 100 Years is Tough – and Not For All Families. If the family does not see a path forward as a generative group, walking away still able to talk to each other is a far more preferable outcome than continuing full steam ahead until the train runs off the rails.
Food for Tood for Thought
- TechCrunch – Wordle founder on going viral and what comes next. “People have an appetite for things that transparently don’t want anything from you.”
- WSJ – Squabbling Heirs Rock Former Texas Governor’s Ranching Empire. The late Dolph Briscoe Jr., once known as the state’s largest individual landowner, thought he had ensured his legacy. He didn’t account for bad blood, and tragedy.
- Guardian – Your work is not your god: welcome to the age of the burnout epidemic
- Vulture – How to Overcome Accent Anxiety in 4 Simple Steps. Done properly, the work of a dialect coach is everywhere and nowhere at once
- NB – What real-time heart rate monitoring tells us about emotional health
Business and Markets
- NYMag – Last Sane Man on Wall Street. Nathan Anderson exposes — and bets against — corporate fraud. But short-selling a market this frothy can be ruinous.
- Callan – Total Expenses for Institutional Investors Fell 5% From 2015, Callan Survey Finds
- II – CLOs Are More Popular Than Ever With Institutions. Here’s Why. “People just assumed that anything that started with a C and ended with an O was a toxic asset,” said Oxford Funds’ Deep Maji.
- Twitter Thread – An Amazon Seller’s Take on Amazon’s Business
- GMO – Let the Wild Rumpus Begin. (Approaching the End of) The First U.S. Bubble Extravaganza: Housing, Equities, Bonds, and Commodities
Science, Technology, and Culture
- WSJ – Pig Kidneys Transplanted Into Brain-Dead Man as Patients Face Organ Shortages. First-of-its-kind surgery in Alabama is seen potentially leading to clinical trials of animal-to-human transplants
- F1 – Karting Challenge: F1 Driver vs Normal Driver! How much faster are F1 drivers than normal drivers in karts? Time to find out as F1’s Lawrence Barretto goes up against Lando Norris in an LN Racing Kart challenge!
- BBC – Pacific volcano: Science will explain event’s ferocity
When Anything is Possible – Wealth and the Art of Strategic Living
The book is about how we shift from focusing on the things we want to avoid, to the things we want to accomplish with our wealth. Doing so requires a person to articulate 3 key items – Wealth Structure, Wealth Identity and ultimately a Wealth Strategy. The book walks through each of these items in great depth, and guides the reader through a process to develop each.
If you are interested in learning more, visit here and download a free chapter.