This week’s highlights: Remote Work, James Dyson, and A Golf Cheat Code
Thank you for the fantastic response to the survey of Fifteen on Friday readers! My stats professor (Dr. Death as he was known at Wake Forest…) would be proud that I have a nthat will be representative within a decent confidence interval for the population set.
As you can surmise from the late delivery, the holidays are upon us. Fifteen on Friday will be either abbreviated or spotty from now until the New Year.
- Early Stage Organizations Fail For 3 Common Reasons. These points are exceptionally helpful in identifying root causes of issues an organization may face.
Food for Thought
- VF – Up Ship’s Creek. How the wild details of the most memed shipping crisis perfectly illustrate our global trade dilemma.
- WSJ – Larger-Than-Life Van Gogh Exhibits Are Drawing Crowds, and Museums Are Steamed. Viewers pay to watch enveloping digital displays of art as struggling museums try to win back crowds with actual masterpieces
- Golf Digest – Has this data nerd created a golf cheat code? Scott Fawcett’s popular DECADE scoring system has possibly made golf easier by turning it into what he calls “a math-based decision problem.” But has he taken the fun out of the game in the process?
- HBR – Remote Work Should Be (Mostly) Asynchronous
- Wired – James Dyson Answers Design Questions From Twitter James Dyson answers the internet’s burning questions about design and inventions. How does Dyson’s bladeless fan work? What do you do if you have an invention idea? Why are hand dryers so loud? How does suction work? James answers all these questions and much more!
When Anything is Possible – Wealth and the Art of Strategic Living
The book is about how we shift from focusing on the things we want to avoid, to the things we want to accomplish with our wealth. Doing so requires a person to articulate 3 key items – Wealth Structure, Wealth Identity and ultimately a Wealth Strategy. The book walks through each of these items in great depth, and guides the reader through a process to develop each.
If you are interested in learning more, visit here and download a free chapter.