Best Books – Recommended Reading
The family office space is fortunate to be blessed with many well-written books covering a wide range of categories. This page is a repository of my favorite books I have read over many years and countless hours.
In each category, I list my favorites and then a broader list of other resources. I have found that knowing what books are available is often times challenging, especially for older books that may be less readily available or out of print.
Please note, I am part of Amazon’s Affiliate program which pays me a modest commission if you click on a book and ultimately order. With my annual reading habit of 40 books plus, you can rest assured that all proceeds go back into ‘feeding the flywheel’ and are quickly spent on ordering more books to read.
- Generation to Generation: Life Cycles of the Family Business by Gersick, Davis, McCollom Hampton, and Lansberg
- Borrowed from Your Grandchildren: The Evolution of 100-Year Family Enterprises by Dennis Jaffe
- Family Wealth – James E. Hughes Jr.
- Wealth in Families – Charles Collier
- Strangers in Paradise: How Families Adapt to Wealth Across Generations by James Grubman, Ph.D.
- Winning the Losers Game by Charles Ellis
- Raised Healthy Wealthy and Wise by Coventry Edwards-Pitt
- Opposite of Spoiled by Ron Lieber
- Generation Impact: How Next Gen Donors Are Revolutionizing Giving by Sharna Goldseker and Michael Moody
Best Books by Category
- Family Office / Family Business
Personal Reading Lists by Year
Each year, I publish a list of my favorite books read, here’s a list going back to 2014.