This week’s highlights: Motherhood, Calendly, Sustainability in Fashion
It’s been a super busy week here – hope yours has been productive as well.
Original Content –
- Sibling Rivalry and The Atrophy of Family Wealth There is an equally dangerous, but less visible sort of sibling tension that sets in motion a slow moving train wreck – namely sibling apathy. When business owning siblings reach a place of defeated resignation on their sibling partnership, this sets the table for future atrophy of the family.
Have a great weekend!
PS – check out my new book (Amazon)!
Food for Thought
- NYT – America’s Mothers Are in Crisis Is anyone listening to them?
- TheAtlantic – The Pandemic Has Erased Entire Categories of Friendship – Credit TP – There’s a reason you miss the people you didn’t even know that well.
- AT – 9 Secret Shortcuts of People Who Are Good at Everyday Math How to calculate a tip, convert temperature quickly, and more.
- WSJ – The NFL’s Covid-19 Finding That Saved the Season The coronavirus gospel of ‘within six feet for more than 15 minutes’ wasn’t enough—and the NFL had the data to prove it
- TheAtlantic – The Colleges That Took the Pandemic Seriously Many colleges and universities have figured out how to diagnose their populations and control outbreaks—and offer a vision for more normal life until the vaccine is available to all.
- II – A Texas Maverick Is Trying to Save Endowments From the Next Stock-Market Crash. Will They Listen?
- TechCrunch – How Atlanta’s Calendly turned a scheduling nightmare into a $3B startup
- WSJ – What Robinhood Traders Need to Know About Taxes If you’ve been buying or selling GameStop or other hot stocks, the IRS will be interested
Culture / Tech / Science
- PutThisOn – Finding Your Wardrobe and Sustainability in Fashion Fantastic interview about fashion, the link between appearance and self-concept, sustainability and more
- ScienticAmerican – How the Brain Responds to Beauty Scientists search for the neural basis of an enigmatic experience
- TheAtlantic – A Group of Orca Outcasts Is Now Dominating an Entire Sea Killer whales that feast on seals and hunt in small packs are thriving while their widely beloved siblings are dying out.
- BBC – Why you’re more creative in coffee shops
- NYT – The Downside to Life in a Supertall Tower: Leaks, Creaks, Breaks 432 Park, one of the wealthiest addresses in the world, faces some significant design problems, and other luxury high-rises may share its fate.
When Anything is Possible – Wealth and the Art of Strategic Living
However wealth arrives – whether made or inherited, it can be a disorienting and worrying experience. When Anything is Possible is meant to be a guidebook about how to engage thoughtfully and strategically with wealth. Doing so requires a person to articulate 3 key items – Wealth Structure, Wealth Identity and ultimately a Wealth Strategy. The book walks through each of these items in great depth, and guides the reader through a process to develop each.
If you are interested in learning more, visit here and download a free chapter.