Food for Thought:
- Thrillist – There’s a Massive Restaurant Industry Bubble, and It’s About to Burst – Credit DH –
- QZ – A Stanford University psychologist’s elegant three-step method for creating new habits
- WashPo – The best way to compliment your daughter? How do you offer praise without tying your comments to body image?
- The Atlantic – Inside LAX’s New Anti-Terrorism Intelligence Unit. If the airport’s experimental team succeeds, every critical infrastructure site in the world might soon have its own in-house intel operation.
- FCC – I spent 3 months applying to jobs after a coding bootcamp. Here’s what I learned. Great advice for anyone job hunting here
- Bronte – When do you average down? Knowing when to put more capital into an investment that has gone down in value is among the hardest decisions an investor has to make – here’s a thoughtful exploration of the subject.
- WSJ – Magic Eludes Bubble-Caller Jeremy Grantham, as Assets at GMO Drop by More Than $40 Billion. Investor Jeremy Grantham’s money management firm is cutting its workforce amid client defections.
- Racked – How Your Mall Sausage Gets Made in Columbus, Ohio. Nearly every aspect of the American shopping experience can be traced back to one second-tier city in the Midwest.
- WSJ – Why Apple’s Critics Are Right This Time. Apple’s seeming struggle to execute on its vision for artificial intelligence is the most pressing example.
- ES – Money Talk – A Nashville based apparel manufacturer opens up about the real costs of manufacturing, and how the Fast Fashion industry has numbed a generation of consumers to the real cost of apparel.
- BI – Your chances of being audited are probably lower than you think
- Eater – Inside Sun Noodle, the Secret Weapon of America’s Best Ramen Shops
- GQ – The Concussion Diaries: One High School Football Player’s Secret Struggle with CTE
- WSJ – Dabo Swinney Beat Nick Saban by Being the Opposite of Nick Saban. The Clemson coach rallied the Tigers with a fun-loving approach that ultimately toppled the hard-nosed tactician and his Crimson Tide.
- QZ – Stop coddling your dog—he’s 99.9% wolf