15 awesome articles to start your weekend
Food for Thought:
- Vanity Fair – How Two Trailblazing Psychologists Turned the World of Decision Science Upside Down. After his book Moneyball became a best-seller, Michael Lewis learned that many of the ideas it presented to the general public had actually been introduced decades earlier by a pair of Israeli psychologists: Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky. In an adaptation from his new book, Lewis investigates their story, and the intense bond between these radically different men.
- BusinessWeek – Affluenza Anonymous: Rehab for the Young, Rich, and Addicted. It’s easy to sneer, but maybe there’s something to the premise that wealthy kids have a particular set of mental health and addiction problems.
- Bloomberg – Inside a Moneymaking Machine Like No Other. The Medallion Fund, an employees-only offering for the quants at Renaissance Technologies, is the blackest box in all of finance.
- WSJ – Trump’s Win Has Ad Agencies Rethink How They Collect Data, Recruit staff. Trump’s win spurs concerns that ad agencies are out of touch with consumers.
- GP – You Will Fall in Love with the Airstream Basecamp