15 awesome articles to start your weekend
Subscribe To Our Weekly Email
Food for Thought:
- Fortune – How Millennials Will Save The World, Part I. ” I just read a fascinating paper from Deloitte University’s Leadership Center for Inclusion showing that half of millennials (roughly people born between 1980 and 1996) in the workforce today are already in leadership positions – and that 41% of them already have four or more direct reports. At the same age, most gen-Xers and baby boomers were still in junior-level positions”
- WSJ – The Children of the Opioid Crisis. Left behind by addict parents, tens of thousands of youngsters flood the nation’s foster-care system; grandparents become moms and dads again.
- The Atlantic – My President Was Black. A history of the first African American White House—and of what came next by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- WashPo – Trump wasn’t happy with his State Department finalists. Then he heard a new name. – Credit MB – This is the first inside look I have seen at how our President Elect actually makes decisions.
- NYT – What America Can Learn From Smart Schools in Other Countries – Credit DH
- WSJ – Good Lessons From One Bad Deal That Destroyed Four Bad Banks. Monte dei Paschi crisis can be traced to ill-fated deal for ABN Amro.
- TWI – Back to the future – Credit JC – Ray Dalio, founder, Bridgewater Associates, explains why the 1930s hold clues to what lies ahead for the economy.
- BI – Former Tesla and BMW exec says self-driving cars will start to kill car ownership in just 5 years
- Economist – Charles Koch is a rare thing, a businessman besotted with ideas
- WSJ – Ultralong Bonds Are Short-Term Losers. Trump’s election gives impetus to a reversal spurred by signs of inflation and growth.
- WSJ – What Parents of Early-Teen Boys Need to Know. New research shows where boys lag behind girls in early adolescence; help to bridge the language gap.
- ESPN – Wake Forest finds that radio announcer leaked game plans
- QZ – The first Amazon PrimeAir drone delivery landed today, 13 minutes after the order was placed
- Racked – From Barns to Barneys: How Blundstone Became a Footwear Staple. Beloved by farmers, Israeli explorers, and now fashion too.
- Engadget – US Navy’s drone ‘swarmboats’ show off pack tactics. A squad of unmanned autonomous crafts patrolled and investigated threats to a friendly harbor.