Food for Thought:
- TexasMonthly – Are You Ready to Meet Your Fixer Uppers? This is clearly going to be this week’s most popular article so might as well put at #1…How Chip and Joanna Gaines are renovating Waco’s reputation one home at a time.
- Tennessean – As the Lumineers fly high, their East Nashville label stays under the radar – Credit WS –
- NewYorker – Practice Doesn’t Make Perfect
- WFU – Arnold Palmer’s commencement address. When I graduated from Wake Forest, Arnold Palmer was our commencement speaker. In light of his passing this week, it was wonderful to reflect again on the wisdom he shared on a very warm May morning.
- AT&T – AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson addresses the Racial Tension in American Society – Credit JF – Take 11 minutes and watch the CEO of AT&T’s honest and heartfelt discussion of race in America.
- Bloomberg – How Goldman Sachs Lost $1.2 Billion of Libya’s Money – Credit SF – When Wall Street’s most aggressive bank took on the world’s most incendiary client, someone was going to make a killing.
- BronteCap – Comments on investment philosophy – part one of hopefully a few… How hard is it to truly be a value investor?
- ZH – Morgan Stanley Lists The Ten Excuses Hedge Funds Give For Bad Performance
- Economist – Look, no claims! – Credit DH – Self-driving cars are set radically to change motor insurance
- BusinessWeek – Everybody Thinks They’re Middle Class. People think they are middle-class, whether they make $22k or $200k
- NewCoShift – Here’s What Happens When You Give $1,000 to Someone in Extreme Poverty
- WashPo – Chip Kelly, football’s most intriguing figure, is also its most unknown
- BizWeek – Spotify Is Perfecting the Art of the Playlist. Matt Ogle explains why 30 songs is the perfect length for your next mix.
- WSJ – Are You Fit for Surgery? Hospitals address diabetes, anemia, mental health before surgery to prevent complications, save money.
- RyderCup – American Fan Calls Shot, Sinks Putt That McIlroy Couldn’t. A heckler’s bluff is called rises to the challenge.