Food for Thought:
- Forbes – That ‘Useless’ Liberal Arts Degree Has Become Tech’s Hottest Ticket
- Medium – Why You Should Work As Though Your Kids Are Watching
- NYT – Who Runs the Streets of New Orleans? How a rich entrepreneur persuaded the city to let him create his own high-tech police force
- TP – Post-Katrina New Orleans schools revolution worked, Tulane study says
- VF – Inside the Family Battle for the Newman’s Own Brand Name
- WSJ – No Vacation From Practicing for Young Musicians. Tips for keeping children engaged in music and playing their instruments over the summer break.
- BF – Even George W. Bush Has To Go To Jury Duty. Apparently, former presidents aren’t exempt from everyone’s favorite civic duty.
- WSJ – Citadel’s Ken Griffin Leaves 2008 Tumble Far Behind. Hedge-fund firm that nearly collapsed during the financial crisis is thriving again and expanding as aggressively as ever.
- Mashable – Inside the failure of Google+, a very expensive attempt to unseat Facebook
- WSJ – Provider of Personal Finance Tools Tracks Bank Cards, Sells Data to Investors. Yodlee’s side business shows escalation in race among investors trying to turn data into profits.
- WSJ – Big Changes in Food Industry Turn Activists Upside Down. Push to reunite Kraft Foods, which activists split apart just three years ago, shows seismic shift in the food industry
- Fortune – Ron Johnson’s latest act? Online retail with a side of personal service. What if the Genius Bar came to your house?
- WSJ – Industrialist Heir to the Fiat Dynasty Charts His Course
- LI – Drive Your Family Business As If It Were Private Equity-Backed
- WSJ – Tennis Gets Hip to This Whole ‘Stats’ Thing. The women’s tour will allow coaches to consult players on court using iPads loaded with statistics.
- Economist – No assembler required. How to teach computer science in nursery school.
- BI – See the secret airplane bedrooms where flight attendants sleep on long-haul flights
- Fashionista – 6 Fashion Labels to Watch From Nashville, All Run by Married Couples. – Credit VT – Mixing your business and personal life has never looked so good.
- Wired – The Genius Contraption That Will Make Your Flight Suck Less
- LR – In the Grand Scheme of Things. What one mother learned after she discovered her daughter had albinism.