Food for Thought:
- VF – How Tom Wolfe Became … Tom Wolfe. Michael Lewis delves deep into the archives of the legendary reporter turned novelist to discover what made the man in the white suit the voice of a journalistic generation.
- WSJ – Charter School Battle Heats Up. As these privately run, publicly funded schools expand, traditional ones are feeling threatened.
- Wired – Your Relative’s DNA Could Turn You Into a Suspect
- WSJ – How to Defeat Religious Violence. Islamic State’s creed embodies evil in the name of a sacred cause. To defeat it, we must recover the values that can bring Jews, Christians and Muslims together.
- NYTimes – Student Debt Is Worse Than You Think
- BuzzFeed – Are You More Millennial Or Gen X? Some of you may feel trapped between generations. This will fix all that.
- McKinsey&Co – The return of zero-base budgeting. – Credit DH – The venerable technique has vaulted back into the consciousness of corporate leaders—for good reason. But getting it right is not easy and depends on five key elements.
- BusinessWeek – It’s Apple’s World, So Why Do Other Smartphone Makers Even Bother? The company collects 90 percent of the industry’s profits, but competitors are holding out for a change.
- WSJ – Radical Idea at the Office: A 40-Hour Workweek. Employees with strict workday expected to focus on work in the office, unplug fully at home.
- BusinessWeek – How Two Guys Lost God and Found $40 Million. And sold Wall Street on a shady new kind of finance.
- Racked – Can Everlane Really Become the Next J.Crew?
- WSJ – Chef Corey Lee’s Imitation Game. For his new restaurant at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Corey Lee asked the world’s top chefs to reveal their culinary secrets so he could copy their signature dishes exactly. And they said yes.
- GM – Infographic: The evolution of the Batmobile
- WSJ – Director’s Darling: Kate Winslet Stars in the Highly Anticipated Film ‘Steve Jobs’. The tenacious Oscar, Emmy and Grammy-award winner deftly balances family life with a stellar career
- HR – A Widow’s Threats, High-Powered Spats and the Sony Hack: The Strange Saga of ‘Steve Jobs’
- GQ – Today’s Game Is Brought to You by…Irony. Has ironic tv advertising finally run its course?