Abbreviated – Food for Thought:
- BusinessWeek – The First Person to Hack the iPhone Built a Self-Driving Car. In His Garage
- NYTimes – Behind the Black Flag. The Recruitment of an ISIS killer.
- NYMag – Finding Raffi. The wondrous — and occasionally weird — relationship between the children’s-music superstar, his fans, and the man he used to be.
- WSJ – When Does Gratitude Bring Better Health? During the holiday season, gifts, cards, carols and donations constantly urge us to give thanks. But gratitude really can have beneficial psychological effects.
- BuzzFeed – A Model Taught Us How To Take Selfies And It Made A Huge Difference. Post your best foot forward this holiday season with this handy guide.
Some All Time Favorites:
- Slate – My Pro-Forma Life. On a pro forma basis, I’m having an outstanding year. I’ve gone to the gym on a regular basis and expect this trend to continue and to have a material impact on my health going forward. Year-to-date, my health has improved by a solid 15 percent on an annualized basis.
- New Yorker – Personal Best. Top athletes and singers have coaches. Should you?
- Economist – Parkinson’s Law. The original 1955 article making the case that work expands to fill the time available
- ZH – The Fourth Turning An Interview with Neil Howe. Neil Howe is a historian, economist and demographer who writes and speaks frequently on generations, the economy and social change. He is America’s leading thinker on who today’s generations are, what motivates them and how they will shape the nation’s future
- NY Times – Secrets of a Mind Gamer. How I trained my brain and became a world class memory athlete.